Becoming a professional musician, producing a debut album, and the transition from country to electronic
The 7th episode and 2016 debut features the talented Hayley McLean. Making a name for herself by winning Fender’s 2013 Guitar Goddess of the Year, she went on to record a very successful debut album “I”, which took the country pop world by storm. It was followed by promotions, touring and an inevitable move to Nashville. Now based out of Nashville, Hayley has transitioned her career to producing music, specifically of the electronic genre under the recording name Texada. She has just released two brand new EPs Texada’s Gold EP and Texada’s Blue EP, already receiving strong praise in the music world.
Some highlights to look forward to in the show:
- Making a living as a musician
- Performing live shows and the accompanying state-of-mind
- The power of YouTube and the digital age in gaining exposure
- Texada (at the 17:00 mark) starting as an outlet for creativity, now turned into an electronic music success
“I think life would get pretty stagnant if one decided to stay within the borders of someone else’s titles. I consider it an honour, but not a definition.”
– Hayley on her transition from country-pop to electronic music.
The New Texada EPs:
Texada’s debut music video “Walking on the Moon” (Police Cover)
Interstellar (also one of my all-time favourites)
Hero to Have Dinner With:
Brian Eno (legendary music producer)
Check out Hayley on the social channels: